Super week of sport
A highlight of the centenary will be a super week of school sport being held across Queensland from Saturday 23 May to Sunday 31 May 2020. Queensland School Sport state championships being held during this time include:
- basketball boys and girls divisions 10–12 years and 16–18 years (Cararra Indoor Sports Stadium, Gold Coast)
- hockey boys 13–19 years (Rockhampton Hockey Centre, Rockhampton)
- rugby league boys 14–15 years and 16–18 years (Kawana Sports Precinct, Sunshine Coast)
- football boys 13–16 years and 17–19 (Brisbane Grammar Playing Fields, Northgate)
- football girls 13–15 years and 16–19 years (Brisbane Grammar Playing Fields, Northgate)
- netball 13–15 years and 16–19 years (Queensland State Netball Centre, MacGregor)
- rugby union boys 17–18 years (Sunnybank Rugby Union Club, Sunnybank).
Over 9 days of competition, more than 2,200 students in 148 teams will compete, with 350 teachers event officiating, coaching or managing.
Centennial Gala Dinner
To celebrate the centenary, a Queensland School Sport Centennial Gala Dinner will be held on Saturday 30 May 2020 to recognise and acknowledge everyone who has contributed to the success of the program. At this gala dinner, 21 past athletes representing 21 sports will be inducted into the Queensland School Sport Hall of Fame.
An exciting year of school sport competition is planned, and throughout the year we will share stories to recognise the talents and achievements of past and present student athletes, officials, teachers, principals and schools.
If you have a story to share, email