Queensland School Sport provides, fosters and develops sporting programs within state schools and colleges, and the non-state schools affiliated with Queensland School Sport.
This is achieved through the coordination of regional programs across our
12 school sport regions which provides the necessary network to cover the state of Queensland.
Currently we have
21 affiliated sports in our representative school sport program. Each of our affiliated sports is managed by a committee of dedicated teachers who oversee State Championships and State Teams. These committees and teams are managed by the Queensland School Sport Unit.
The annual student participation rates for our representative school sport program are approximately:
- regional participation: 49,700
- state championship participation: 13,500
- state team representatives: 1,200
Queensland School Sport management
A management group, representing the 12 sporting regions and all 21 sports, ensures the policies and procedures of Queensland School Sport are actualised. The management group meets 4 times a year.
Management and competition procedures form the foundation on which the Queensland School Sport program operates.
Membership of the QSSMG:
- 7 School-based personnel
- 1 regional director or delegate
- 1 Catholic school principal
- 1 non-state independent school principal
- 3 regional school sport officers
- 1 disability advisory committee representative
- Manager, Queensland School Sport Unit (non-voting)
- Executive officer, Queensland School Sport (non-voting)